Friday, September 14, 2012

Here goes.....

My very first blog post.
I know some absolutely amazing bloggers (Stephen Lyn Bales, Vickie Henderson, Julie Zickefoose, Gary Loucks) who have all .....started....right...here.   The very first blog post.
With this choice, to begin a blog, comes the knowing that I have opened up a window to the world, to step right on up and take a look at my life.  And that's alright with me, because I have much to share.

The focus of this blog will be my home, Wood Thrush Ridge, and all the deliciously natural and wild comings and goings of my life on this 40 acres of land.  Seven years ago, I was one of the millions of Americans who were given just about any home mortgage they decided to go for.   And like many of those millions of Americans, this mortgage has now become more than I can handle.  But I feel blessed blessed blessed that I got under the wire on buying this home and land, because living here is my best possible life.   And my greatest goal and most worthy journey is to keep this home, protect this land, and continue to walk this ground.

Soooo, I thought I would live with complete transparency and share my journey with everyone, anyone, every cent of the way.   I am saving for a conservation easement (approximately $10,000), and paying for this place ($256,017.98 balance), and every month brings a small victory when I send in that mortgage payment; I do a happy dance to the mail box each and every time... (internally....the locals think I am weird enough).    I hope to have a blog following who loves nature enough to share these monthly victories with me.   Come along......and let's keep Wood Thrush Ridge as pristine as possible, for countless nesting wood thrushes to come.  

2 comments:

  1. Well, well - I definitely will enjoy this blog and follow along on your journey of joy. I know you and I understand it will be an interesting and enlightening journey. You have been and always will be a part of my personal journey. So, go girl and hold nothing back. You've stepped into the light and the world watches with anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. This is me gushing! You go girl. Remember I was here at the beginning. I knew you were a blogger all along. I told you that you had too much to offer to hold it in.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete